This is a super healthy dish to keep on hand, and it’s so simple to make! Original recipe was derived from Sandra Lee’s Quinoa Salad, I just made a few minor adjustments.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can of low sodium chick peas, washed
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds or walnuts
Combine quinoa and stock in small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cover. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed. Let cool completely.
In a large mixing bowl, combine cooled quinoa with remaining ingredients. Toss to mix thoroughly.
Serve chilled on a bed of leafy greens or mixed lettuce and toss with a little dressing.
Here are the ingredients for a simple healthy dressing I make that happens to go great with this dish:
- Equal parts Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Water, Rice Wine Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Mixed Dried Herbs
- Add some Black Pepper and Red Chili Flakes if you like a little kick, like me!
I hope you enjoy!, and thank you Sandra!
Incoming search terms:
- gluten free quinoa salad